Tour Duration: 03 Days / 02 Nights
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe / Kampala & Drive to Lake Mburo National Park
You will be received by a representative from Africa Nature Trekkers and one of our drivers / guides, drive you to your booked accommodation. Set for an early departure from Kampala via Masaka. Have lunch in the park and thereafter an afternoon boat trip on Lake Mburo to see aquatic based animals such as Hippos, Buffaloes and bird life.
Day 2: Activities in The Park
After breakfast, you can go for any of the following activities;
1. Game Viewing: This is one of the major tourist activities in this Park; it is famous for its richness in biodiversity. It has Zebra, Impala, Buffalo, Topi, Eland, Roan Antelope and Leopard, Hyenas and Jackals as predictors.
2. Boat Cruise: Since one may not be able to track all the animals, a boat ride could aid one to view clearly, crocodiles, hippopotamuses and birds like Pelicans, Black crake, Heron, cormorant, fish eagle, you may also sight the rare Shoebill Stork and all these will furnish your visit with pride. The duration of each boat cruise is negotiable.
3. Birding: For the ardent birders, this area habits a variety of large colorful birds including the Lilac-breasted Roller, papyrus yellow warbler, Barefaced Go-away bird, black and yellow papyrus gonalek, Heron, Pelicans, African-grey Hornbill, Emerald-spotted Wood Dove, Coqui Francolin, Blue-napped Mouse bird, Black Crake, Temminck’s Courser, Trilling Cisticola most of which can be seen in the papyrus swamps and Rubanga Forest.
4. Fishing: The Park has about 6 species of fish, the common one being tilapia. Visitors planning to enjoy sport fishing on Lake Mburo should carry their own fishing gear and fish at the designated point at Mazinga. However the local people too fish using the canoes, this can only be done in area that there are no hippos and crocodiles.
5. Guided Nature walks: Visitors have the opportunity in walk in the circuit their pace in company of an armed guide. The nature trail offers a walk in Rubanga Forest though very small, has a closed canopy.
Day 3: Lake Mburo National Park – Kampala / Entebbe Intn’l Airport
Begin your day with an early morning cup of African tea followed by morning game drive, a stopover at the equator, Kayabwe to take photographs is very much recommended. Will reach Kampala late evening where you will proceed to Entebbe airport in time for your scheduled departure flight.
End of Tour
About the Park:
Lake Mburo National Park is located in Kiruhura District in Western Uganda. This compact wildlife jewel is located conveniently close to the highway that connects Kampala (240km) to the parks of western Uganda and about 30km east of Mbarara. It is the smallest of Uganda’s savannah national parks and underlain by ancient Precambrian metamorphic rocks which date back more than 500 million years.
It is celebrated for its richness in biodiversity with large numbers of Zebra, Impala, Buffalo, Topi, Hippo, Eland, Reedbuck, Roan antelope and leopard, Hyenas and jackals as predictors. It is bird watching hot spot home to 350 bird species including the Rufous-bellied Heron, Bateleur, Coqui Francolin, Grey Crowned Crane, Black-bellied Bustard and Brown-chested Lapwing. With our Uganda safaris and tours you are able to see more of these attractions.
Mihingo Safari Lodge, Acadia Cottages, Mantana Tented Camp / Rwonyo Rest Camp and Bandas, Mburo Tents