3 Days Short Mountain Gorilla Trek in Bwindi
Tour Duration: 03 Days / 02 Nights
Take a 3 day gorilla safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to track the mountain gorillas; you will spend about an hour close to the gorillas, take photos. Community walk to the neighbouring Batwa community, bird watching is exceptional.
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe / Kampala & Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
You will be received by a representative from Africa Nature Trekkers and one of our drivers / guides, drive you to your booked accommodation. Set off driving to South-Western Uganda via Masaka-Mbarara highway. You will have a stopover at the Equator for photography. On your way you will enjoy beautiful panoramas that are part of Western Uganda. You will have a stopover for lunch in Mbarara Town. Proceed and drive direct to Bwindi arriving late evening. Overnight at Mahogany Springs / Buhoma Community Bandas / Gorilla Resort
Day 2: Gorilla Trek
After breakfast, you will assemble at the park headquarters for briefing from the park rangers on how to conduct yourself while with the gorillas before you set off at 9:00am through the trails to track for these endangered giants. You will go with packed lunch because it’s hard to determine how long it will take you to meet these great apes. However the time ranges between 2-9 hours depending on the movement of the primates. The activity is tiresome, it involves walking along steep hilly tracks however encountering these great relatives of man erases all the poor memories / hardships you went through in trying to find them. They are awe-inspiring! After the experience return to park offices to be awarded with the gorilla trekking certificate, thereafter check-in, its lunch and some rest and relaxation at your lodge.
In the evening, you may go for community walk to neighbouring Batwa community, where you will be entertained and given tales of their unique culture. Overnight Buhoma Community Rest Camp / Bwindi View Bandas / Lake Kitandara / Gorilla Resort Lodge / Gorilla Forest camp
Day 3: Bwindi National Park – Transfer to Kampala / Entebbe Intn’l Airport
In the morning after your breakfast, you will set off your journey back to Kampala with stopovers for photography at the Equator Line Mark and lunch reaching late in the afternoon, and you will be transferred to your hotel for dinner and overnight or to the airport for your departure flight.
End of Tour
Important to Note:
- Gorilla tracking permits are officially sold by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) at the Headquarters in Kampala.
- Advance booking of at least 3 months in advance for Gorilla tracking permits is recommended due to their high demand.
- Mountain gorillas are generally active during the hours between 6am – 6pm, which is why gorilla trekking in Uganda is conducted within these hours.
- Gorilla tracking activity commences at 8:30 am local time and lasts the whole day.
- After the search for Gorillas, you are allowed maximum of ONE hour with the giant primates.
- The trek in is tedious in this regard tourists are therefore urged to be physically fit and carry jungle boots and rain jackets along with them because the forest is always wet
- While on a gorilla tracking trail, you are accompanied by a park ranger and trackers.